What is Benedict Cumberbatch’s net worth
If you’re a fan of Sherlock Holmes, then Benedict Cumberbatch is definitely a familiar name to you. Not only did he portray the role of this infamous detective on the BBC adaptation of the popular fictional series, but he’s also known for other noteworthy performances in movies like “The Hobbit,” “Doctor Strange,” and “The Imitation Game.” But aside from his stellar acting career, people are curious about Benedict’s net worth, and rightfully so. As one of the most adored celebrities of the current age, there’s no doubt that he’s making large sums of money build up over the years. In this article, we’ll dive into the numbers and details behind Benedict Cumberbatch’s net worth, early and personal life, and how he spends his money.
Benedict Cumberbatch’s birthplace is Hammersmith, London, England, and he was born on July 19, 1976. He spent his childhood years in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea near a place called Queen’s Gate. Benedict’s parents were both actors, with his mother, Wanda Ventham, being an actress in the stage and television industry, while his father, Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch, was also an actor, who later became a playwright, screenwriter, and theatre director.
Benedict’s education was no less unique than his family background. He first attended boarding school at the famous Harrow School in London before going on to study drama and theatre arts at the University of Manchester, where he received a degree in 2001. Afterward, he spent time studying in Tibet before enrolling in the prestigious London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA).
Early Life In A Nutshell
• Benedict Cumberbatch was born on July 19, 1976, in Hammersmith, London, England.
• His parents were both actors, with his mother, Wanda Ventham, known for stage and television, and his father, Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch, later moved into screenwriting and theatre direction.
• Benedict attended Harrow School in London.
• He then went to the University of Manchester to study drama and theatre arts before enrolling at LAMDA.
Benedict Cumberbatch’s Net Worth is around $40 Million. This amount places him among the wealthiest celebrities in the film and television industry. In the early days of his career, Benedict was paid relatively unknown wages for his roles, but that quickly changed with his breakthrough role in the movie, “Sherlock Holmes.”.
After the series’ success, many brands and companies hired Benedict as their spokesperson and marketing face for their products. These brands include MG cars, Morrisons Supermarkets, and Dunlop. His contract as a brand ambassador and investor for the Canadian Suit Company, Lounge Suit, and for footwear company Grenson, is also notable.
Aside from his roles in popular movies, Benedict’s contribution to audiobooks should not go unnoticed. He has narrated popular books such as “The Hound of Baskervilles” and “The Jungle Book.”
While it’s hard to estimate just how much he makes per role, it can be safely said that the talented actor is earning a considerable amount per movie, given the rates at which Hollywood A-list celebrities are paid. Benedict earned approximately $6.5 million for his role in “Doctor Strange” and made a whopping $7.5 million for his portrayal in “Avengers: Infinity War.”.
Net Worth In A Nutshell
• Benedict Cumberbatch’s net worth is around $40 Million.
• Brands including Morrisons Supermarkets, Grenson, and Lounge Suit, have signed Benedict as their spokesperson and invested with him.
• The multi-talented actor has narrated popular audiobooks.
• Benedict earns a considerable amount per movie, estimates vary from movie to movie, but he reportedly received $6.5 million for his role in Doctor Strange and $7.5 million for his portrayal in Avengers: Infinity War.
Personal Life and Philanthropy
Benedict Cumberbatch is married to British theatre director Sophie Hunter, the couple married on February 14, 2015. They met while working together on the set of “Burlesque Fairytales” in 2009 but did not become romantically involved until 2014.
Benedict and Sophie are parents to two boys named Christopher Carlton Cumberbatch (2015) and Hal Auden Cumberbatch (2017).
As for his personal philanthropy, Benedict is known for his charitable contributions. In 2015, he donated £25,000 to the Motor Neurone Disease Association in memory of his close friend and colleague, Ian Sandy. Benedict is also a patron of the Motor Neurone Disease Association, as well as other charities such as Teenage Cancer Trust, Save the Children, and the Elton John AIDS Foundation.
Personal Life And Philanthropy In A Nutshell
• Benedict Cumberbatch married theatre director Sophie Hunter in 2015.
• They have two sons named Christopher Carlton Cumberbatch and Hal Auden Cumberbatch.
• He donated a significant amount of money to the Motor Neurone Disease Association, as well as supports Teenage Cancer Trust, Save the Children, and the Elton John AIDS Foundation.
How Cumberbatch Spends His Money
When you have a net worth of $40 Million, you literally have the world at your feet. Benedict Cumberbatch can choose to spend his money on anything he desires, and, luckily for us, we have an idea of some of the things he enjoys spending on.
Benedict has a passion for cars and owns a variety of them. His collection includes an Aston Martin Vanquish, which he bought in 2014. Benedict has been a car enthusiast for as long as he can remember since he was ten years old. He recalls the feeling of sitting in his dad’s 1968 Aston Martin DB6 on long family road trips, and how it helped spark his interest. Writing off ASTON MARTIN purchases as a business expense may also be an intelligent move since he was their spokesperson at one point.
Another trait of Benedict’s investments that is worth mentioning is his real estate purchases. He bought several properties in England, including a £1.5 million ($2.07 million) house in North London, which he reportedly moved in with his wife in their shared home. Additionally, he owns a £2.7 million ($3.7 million) estate in Oxfordshire, which he uses as a place for relaxation and vacationing.
Finally, Benedict enjoys traveling the world, and understandably so — who wouldn’t want to explore themed cafes and attend local music festivals in Japan, or take a trip to Ibiza for some fun in the sun? Benedict is known to travel a lot; in 2018 alone, he went to Australia twice. The second time he traveled to shoot a film about a group of dangerous Nazis that escaped after WWII. They went to South America so Benedict could get an idea of the terrain while preparing for the role.
Spending Habits In A Nutshell
• Benedict Cumberbatch is an Aston Martin enthusiast and owns an Aston Martin Vanquish.
• He also invests in real estate, including a £1.5 million ($2.07 million) house in North London and a £2.7 million ($3.7 million) estate in Oxfordshire.
• Benedict loves to travel around the world and goes to many destinations as he fulfills his obligations as an actor.
Benedict Cumberbatch is a talented actor with a net worth of around $40 Million. He has acted in several successful movies and TV series during his career, notably as Sherlock Holmes in BBC’s “Sherlock,” which made him a worldwide sensation. Aside from acting, he has also done brand endorsements, including his partnerships with Grenson, Lounge Suit, and Morrisons Supermarkets. Benedict is also known for his philanthropy, supporting charities such as the Motor Neurone Disease Association, Teenage Cancer Trust, Save the Children, and the Elton John AIDS Foundation. Overall, Benedict Cumberbatch’s net worth is only expected to grow as his popularity and acting career continue to flourish.
Frequently asked question about Benedict Cumberbatch’s net worth
1. What is Benedict Cumberbatch’s net worth?
Benedict Cumberbatch’s net worth is estimated to be around $40 Million.
2. How did Benedict Cumberbatch get famous?
Benedict Cumberbatch became famous for his portrayal of the fictional detective Sherlock Holmes in the BBC series “Sherlock.”.
3. What has been Benedict Cumberbatch’s most lucrative role?
Benedict Cumberbatch’s most lucrative role was reportedly in “Avengers: Infinity War,” in which he earned $7.5 million.
4. Is Benedict Cumberbatch married?
Yes, Benedict Cumberbatch is married to British theatre director Sophie Hunter.
5. What does Benedict Cumberbatch enjoy spending his money on?
Benedict Cumberbatch enjoys spending his money on cars, real estate, and traveling the world.
6. What charities does Benedict Cumberbatch support?
Benedict Cumberbatch supports charities such as the Motor Neurone Disease Association, Teenage Cancer Trust, Save the Children, and the Elton John AIDS Foundation.
7. How much did Benedict Cumberbatch get paid for “Doctor Strange”?
Benedict Cumberbatch was reportedly paid $6.5 million for his role in “Doctor Strange.”.
8. What brands has Benedict Cumberbatch represented as a spokesperson?
Brands Benedict Cumberbatch has represented as a spokesperson include MG cars, Morrisons Supermarkets, Lounge Suit, footwear company Grenson, and Canadian Suit Company.
9. How many children does Benedict Cumberbatch have?
Benedict Cumberbatch has two children named Christopher Carlton Cumberbatch and Hal Auden Cumberbatch.
10. What are Benedict Cumberbatch’s hobbies?
Benedict Cumberbatch’s hobbies include collecting cars, traveling, and reading books.
11. How tall is Benedict Cumberbatch ?
Benedict Cumberbatch is approximately 6 feet tall (183 cm).